Coping with COVID-19 has been hard on all of us. The worry, the fear and the wonder of when normal life will resume can feel both consuming and exhausting.
With all of us spending the majority of our time at home in quarantine, it’s important to make sure your space provides a safe haven for you and your family.
These essential tips will help you stay safe at home and hopefully bring you some peace of mind during this uncertain time.
1. Be Cautious
Take every day preventative steps to ensure you are staying safe and keeping your home clean by:
- Washing your hands frequently
- Avoiding touching your face
- Covering your cough or sneeze
- Wearing a mask and maintaining social distancing when you go out in public
- Cleaning countertops, door handles and other areas of your home frequently
Ensure your home is safe for you and your family by:
- Keeping all safety hazards such as cleaning supplies and medication out of reach of children
- Testing your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors
- Creating a fire escape plan
- Anchoring furniture to prevent dangerous accidents
- Covering outlets, adding child locks and setting up safety gates around the home
2. Have a Plan
Take a moment to discuss a plan of action in case someone in your home becomes sick. Consider the following to ensure safety:
- Watch for the following symptoms
- Shortness of breath
- Designate a room in your home to keep the ill person away from others
- Continue to wash your hands frequently and disinfect surfaces and other areas in your home
- Avoid sharing personal items
- Check in on your family members to see how they are feeling physically and mentally
- Stay informed of your local outbreak situation and get up to date info from your public health officials
3. Love your Home
We’re staying at home now more than ever before. This makes it a great time to put some extra love into your space to make it feel clean and cozy. Try the following to put some extra love into your home:
- Do a deep clean of your home
- Declutter your space and get rid of unwanted/unnecessary items and clothing
- Add some warmth – check out these 14 ways to make your home cozy and inviting
- Take advantage of warmer weather and tend to the exterior of your home to boost curb appeal
4. Go Outside
It’s important for your physical and mental health to get outside and enjoy the fresh air. We recommend:
- Going for walks/hiking
- Gardening/yard work
- Getting some exercise – try going for a bike ride, run, or completing an outdoor workout
- Playing yard games
- Eating your meals or having a drink outdoors
- Getting creative with sidewalk chalk
- Camping in the back yard
We are Here for You
With all of us practicing social distancing, and many of us experiencing the state-mandated shut-down of many businesses, we want to assure you that Inlanta Mortgage has remained fully operational and working on your loans.
If you have any questions about your current loan, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly.
If you’re interested in a new loan to refinance or purchase a new home, or have any other mortgage questions, please contact us today!